Tips for Marketing to DoD
Are you a small business interested in working for DoD? Check out these tips.
Follow the money.
- Arm yourself with information and facts, not emotion.
- Find your niche. Don’t try to be everything to everybody.
- Target your market and understand your prospective customer’s mission, environment, challenges and hot buttons.
- Meet with Small Business Professionals.
- Don’t provide a standard, canned presentation to potential customers. Research their requirements and understand their challenges.
- Explain how your service or product has a positive impact on a project’s cost, schedule and performance.
- Identify your differentiators—what separates you from other great performers?
- Translate the relevancy of your past performance; don’t expect a prospective customer to do it for you.
- When you meet with Program Managers and Contracting Officers, be prepared to discuss a real requirement, not your generic capabilities.